2021 Annual Pass subscriptions
Professor Sankoff’s Seminars is now offering a special deal on a 2021 pass for all of our continuing professional development seminar. One payment gets you access to seminars currently scheduled, and those set to be added in September-December. It is the single most affordable way to get your access to great CPD content, all at a 20% discount of our regular seminar prices. It also saves you the trouble of registering for each seminar on a monthly basis.
As a free added bonus, Annual Pass subscribers will get exclusive content! Professor Sankoff produces Case Alerts! videos profiling important cases with the potential to affect your practice in 10 to 15 minute “bites” . Two to four times a month, you’ll get Case Alerts! delivered straight to your in-box, including an overview of the case plus Professor Sankoff’s trademark legal analysis, explaining what this case means to you!
We are very excited about our Case Alerts, and are planning to expand them to include discussions with prominent lawyers around the country discussing what happened in the case and what it means going forward.
We have produced a few Case Alerts already, and each profiles an extremely recent decision of note. See an example, R v Martin: The Admissibility of Electronic Evidence (full case alert). To get the full versions, become an Annual Pass Subscriber!
Some praise for our new Case Alerts! videos from an Edmonton criminal defence lawyer: “Love the format – they are absolutely excellent – leading edge – thought provoking – 2 thumbs up”
We have three different Annual Passes, and each is available to Young Lawyers (0-5 years) and Senior Lawyers (5+ years alike). Please note that if you have already registered for a few seminars in 2021 but would like to change over to an All-Inclusive Pass, you can do so! Simply purchase the pass, and write to us. We’ll refund any payments for previously purchased 2021 seminars.
Firm Annual Pass
We are happy to discuss a discounted Annual Pass for your law firm.
Please contact us for more information.
All Inclusive Annual Pass
$504.00 – $720.00
For those who practice or have an interest in both criminal and civil litigation, we present our Annual All-inclusive Pass. This offer includes 18 seminars, (6 seminars TBD for September-December 2021) and the following:
- Prior Consistent Statements (1 & 2)
- Prepping for a Sexual Assault Trial, Section 278.92 Update
- The Rule in Browne and Dunn
- Challenging a Search Warrant
- Criminal Procedure (with Steven Penney)
- Top Cases of 2021
- The Residual Exception to the Hearsay Rule
Criminal Litigators Annual Pass
$364.00 – $520.00
This includes all seminars focused on criminal litigation (13 in total!) including: Prior Consistent Statements (1 & 2), Prepping for a Sexual Assault Trial, Section 278.92 Update, The Rule in Browne and Dunn, Challenging a Search Warrant, Criminal Procedure (with Steven Penney), Top Cases of 2021, The Residual Exception to the Hearsay Rule, plus 4 seminars TBD for September-December 2021.
Civil Litigators Annual Pass
$292.00 – $360.00
Nine seminars in all! Prior Consistent Statements (1 & 2), Solicitor Client Privilege (1 & 2), The Rule in Browne and Dunn, Top Evidence Cases of 2021, The Residual Exception to the Hearsay Rule, and two seminars scheduled between September – December 2021.
Bonus Material Package
$99.00 – $225.00
Due to popular demand, you are now able to purchase our Case Alerts and Cheat Sheets separately from our Annual Pass. Our Case Alerts produced by Professor Sankoff run between 10-20 minutes and provide bite-sized overviews of critical decisions coming out in the courts. They normally come out on Friday or Saturday and are a good way to get a little bit of fun learning at the end of the week. Our plan is to produce 50 each year! Please find a few examples below.
1) Electronic Evidence: Our First Case Alert, free to everyone, examines a problematic issue: the admissibility of “screenshots” taken by third parties and whether these meet the requirements of the Canada Evidence Act. The case is R v Martin, 2021 NLCA 1. (January)
2) Section 276: This alert explores a problem arising with sexual activity evidence, and the application of s 276 to non-sexual assault prosecutions. It addresses a very helpful decision you’ll want to have to narrow the scope. An edited version is available. (January)
3) Right of Reply: This alert explores the Nunavut Court of Appeal decision of R v Akpalialuk, 2021 NUCA 2 and the right of reply in addressing the judge or jury at the end of the case. Edited version available. (January)
Starting this month, we now also offer Cheat Sheets! These cheat sheets will cover particular areas of interest and include 3-4 page summaries of important jurisprudential issues. We are planning on creating 8-10 a year. Email us for a sample!
Our Case Alerts and our Cheat Sheets are part of the exclusive material our annual pass holders receive including access to our seminars plus the video recordings afterwards. If at any point you wish to convert to an annual pass and also get access to all of our 2021 Seminars, you can upgrade by contacting our Seminar Coordinator.
Annual Pass 2020
Get all fifteen video recordings of our seminars of 2020 for only $325 plus GST,
- Hearsay Exceptions, Section 24 (b)
- Collateral facts
- Section 13
- Section 276 Part 1 & 2
- Hearsay Definitions
- Sections 10 (b)
- Consent and Honest Mistaken Belief in Consent
- The Crown won’t Call a Witness
- Top 10 cases of 2020
- What Trial Lawyers Need to Do to Preserve a Successful Appeal, Communicating with Witnesses
- Improper Cross Examination
- Detention After Le
0 SPOTS LEFT
Any questions about annual passes can be directed by email to our Seminar Coordinator.
“The single most affordable way to get your access to great CPD content, all at a 20% discount of our regular seminar prices.”
Professor Peter Sankoff
BA (Concordia), JD (Toronto), LLM (Osgoode)
RECORDED SEMINARS AVAILABLE
Missed a seminar? You can now order on demand.